The East and Southern African Association of Accountants-General (ESAAG) was established in 1995 in Arusha, Tanzania, with the following objectives:
- To establish cooperation between countries in the region in the area of government accounting;
- To provide a forum for participants to review and discuss comparative experiences; and
- To encourage the development of government accounting personnel and trainers through the implementation of regional program of attachment and production of a number of comparative case studies.
ESAAG is engaged in different activities to enable success in the reforms being undertaken by the member countries in the area of public financial management. However, it is clear that several major challenges need to be overcome in order for member countries to successfully implement and comply with these Standards. These include, inter alia:
- Systems Development.
The East and Southern African Association of Accountants-General (ESAAG) consist of the below structure;
- Governing Body
- ESAAG Secretariat
The East and Southern African Association of Accountants-General (ESAAG) will be hosting its 25th Annual International Conference in Uganda 26 February – 02 March 2018. The guiding theme for the conference will be “Public Financial Management reforms, an engine for substainable Development goals and Economic growth” Few of speakers from past Conferences:
- H.E Dr. Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete |Former President of Tanzania
- Adv. Thuli Madonsela |Former Public Protector|South Africa