1. COMPOSITION OF EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
An Executive Committee consisting of four (4) members shall be appointed at the AGM. Appointed members must be Accountants-General within the ESAAG Region.
The Executive Committee shall consist of a Chairperson; a Deputy Chairperson who will be the outgoing Chairperson of the AGM and two (2) additional members.
They are empowered to:
- Oversee the activities of ESAAG in between the AGMs
- Recommend strategic plans to the AGM;
- Approve Human Resources policies of ESAAG;
- Approve administrative and other procedures of the Association;
- Recommend budgets and Financial Statements to the GM for approval;
- Oversee the organisation of the annual conference; and
- Receive, review and recommend reports from sub committees of the Association GM for approval.
- South Africa
2. COMPOSITION OF TECHNICAL COMMITTEE
A Technical Committee consisting of five (5) members, excluding the permanent member, shall be appointed at the AGM. Appointed members must be Accountants-General within the ESAAG Region.
On the basis of the 9.2 decision, the member falling off the committee selected will serve in the other committee where the member joining EXCO comes from.
The term of membership shall be for a period of five (5) years.
They are empowered to:
- Review the results of capacity and competency assessments of member countries.
- Review the training interventions for alignment with the competency assessments
- Review training course material for alignment with the latest PFM reforms and international standards;
- Ensure that ESAAG’s technical criteria are based on international documents, guidelines and practices;
- Represent ESAAG at technical committees of relevant regional and international organizations, and to propose ESAAG’s participation in joint working assemblages with other bodies;
- Appoint and evaluate training service providers;
- Review yearly outcome data from the training interventions and courses;
- Assess the impact of training/ workshops;
- Monitor regional activities, international activities and document findings related to the scope of the committee, and to propose to the Executive Committee actions to be taken.
3. COMPOSITION OF FINANCE AND AUDIT COMMITTEE
The Finance and Audit Committee consisting of five (5) members shall be appointed at the AGM. Appointed members must be Accountants-General within the ESAAG Region. They are empowered to:
- Recommend the internal auditors to be the country of the current chairperson.
- Recommend external auditors for appointment from member countries.
- Reviewing internal and external audit reports for recommendation to EXCO for adoption;
- Review the suitability of management processes and its internal controls to achieve
- ESAAG’s strategic direction and business objectives;
- Confirm the implementation of possible recommendations in addressing findings;
- Review the annual proposed budget and recommend to Executive Committee;
- Review and assess the adequacy of ESAAG’s Accounting Policies and recommend changes to EXCO;
- Review the budgeting process;
- Ensure policies and procedures for financial transactions are documented in a manual, where the manual is reviewed annually and updated as necessary; and
- Ensure approved financial policies and procedures are being followed.